The Rock of Gibraltar from the Alameida at San Roque
- Watercolor, pen and black ink over graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Rock of Gibralter - Coast of Africa &c. from the Alameida at <...>"
Signed and dated on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "GLH 5th January. 1844."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | house | landscape | pastures | rocks (landforms) | tree
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar | Rock of Gibraltar
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, The Rock of Gibraltar from the Alameida at San Roque, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.