Machinery for the Manufacture of Paper
- ca. 1810
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 13/16 × 39 3/4 inches (45.2 × 101 cm) and Image: 15 1/8 × 32 1/16 inches (38.4 × 81.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Leger Didot Patent 2 June 1812"; in graphite, upper right: "see original sketch"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "73/5/9/2; lower right: "J Farey Jr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | machinery | wheels
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Farey Jr., 1791–1851, British, Machinery for the Manufacture of Paper, ca. 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.