- Evening Sky on the Coast
- between 1859 and 1861
- Watercolor, graphite and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 6 3/4 inches (10.8 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Gray with blk"; center left: "a green blue gray"; lower center: "all warm orange red | 7 p.m."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | coast | evening | light | marine art | sand | sky | sunset
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Steve Bond, James Holland: the forgotten artist, Churnet Valley Books, Leek, Staffordshire, p. 75, NJ18.H719 B66 1999 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Holland, 1799–1870, British, Evening Sky on the Coast, between 1859 and 1861
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.