Lt. Gen. Charles Emilius Gold, 1803?–1871, A View of Hobart, Tasmania, 1846
A View of Hobart, Tasmania
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 7 1/2 x 13 5/16in. (19.1 x 33.8cm) and 7 1/2 × 13 1/4 inches (19.1 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower right: "Hobart Town V D Land"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | fields | hills | houses | landscape | marine art | sailboats | seagulls | ships | town | village
- Associated Places:
- Australia | Hobart | Oceania | Tasmania
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.