IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, A Mistica, Gibraltar, 1844
A Mistica, Gibraltar
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 × 4 1/8 inches (7.6 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Mistica - of Gibraltar | Felucca "
Signed and dated on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "GLH 2nd Janry 1844"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | ocean | ship
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar | Rock of Gibraltar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.