IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, The 48th Regiment with Casemate, Gibraltar, 1844
The 48th Regiment with Casemate, Gibraltar
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink and graphite with scratching out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "<...>for Jamaica. 48th Regiment &c. | Gibraltar"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- casemate | horses (animals) | military art | soldiers | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.