- Rosia Bay, Gibraltar and Algeciras, Spain
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on fragment of old mount in pen and blue ink: "Rosia Bay, Gibraltar - Algesiras (Spain) &c. | from the Hospital. | March 1844."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | buildings | figures | fishing | landscape | marine art | mountains | sailboats
- Associated Places:
- Algeciras | Europe | Gibraltar | Spain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, Rosia Bay, Gibraltar and Algeciras, Spain, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.