- Pen and brown ink, brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 × 15 1/2 inches (31.1 × 39.4 cm)
In pen and ink, on original mount: Given April 1840 to Frances wife of/ John Power of Gurteen 17 Baron of de Power and Curraghmore.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowl | Classical | figures | genre subject | Grand Tour | historical subject | shield | staff (walking stick)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Gavin Hamilton, 1723–1798, British, active in Italy (1744–48 and 1756 on), Classical Composition, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.