IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Stanley Spencer, 1891–1959, British, Study of a Cedar Tree, undated
Study of a Cedar Tree
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite sketch of a man
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 10 inches (16.2 × 25.4 cm)
In graphite, ll: "Ceder Tree/ at Cookham"; in graphite, on verso: figure sketches
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | cedar | grid (layout feature) | tree
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | Cookham | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.