IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Hamilton, 1751–1801, British, Hero and Leander, 1801
Hero and Leander
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, gouache, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 5/8 × 11 inches (42.2 × 27.9 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "W.Hamilton R.A. 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | gown | longing | love | man | nude | ocean | priestess | religious and mythological subject | steps | sunset | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.