Wooded Landscape with Figures Round a Cooking Pot
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 9 5/8 inches (17.5 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso: in graphite, UC: Thomas Hand, London/ Exhibited. R.A. 1790-1804.
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "T.Hand 93"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | cooking | figures | fire | genre subject | landscape | man | pot | woman | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hand, died 1804, British, Wooded Landscape with Figures Round a Cooking Pot, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.