IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to James Holland, 1799–1870, British, Calais Harbour, undated
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor and graphite with white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 11 1/2 inches (16.8 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Calais"; in red pencil, lower right: "H"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cityscape | clouds | dock | harbor | marine art | ships
- Associated Places:
- Calais | Europe | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Steve Bond, James Holland: the forgotten artist, Churnet Valley Books, Leek, Staffordshire, p. 77, NJ18.H719 B66 1999 (LC) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.