- Calais Harbour
- Watercolor and graphite with white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 11 1/2 inches (16.8 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Calais"; in red pencil, lower right: "H"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cityscape | clouds | dock | harbor | marine art | ships
- Associated Places:
- Calais | Europe | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Steve Bond, James Holland: the forgotten artist, Churnet Valley Books, Leek, Staffordshire, p. 77, NJ18.H719 B66 1999 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to James Holland, 1799–1870, British, Calais Harbour, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.