- Fishermen's Houses at Sculcoats near Hull, Yorkshire
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink, over graphite, with gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 9 1/4 inches (17.8 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "J.D. Harding 1827"; verso: inscribed by the artist in pen and brown ink, center right: "At Sculcoates near Hull Yorkshire | J.D. Harding-"; in pen with brown ink, lower right: "1827"; in graphite, lower right: "D25015"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J.D.Harding 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barrels (containers) | baskets | chimneys (architectural elements) | doorways | figures | fishermen (people) | houses | steps | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hull | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Duffield Harding, 1798–1863, British, Fishermen's Houses at Sculcoats near Hull, Yorkshire, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.