IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Duffield Harding, 1798–1863, British, Fishermen's Houses at Sculcoats near Hull, Yorkshire, 1827
Fishermen's Houses at Sculcoats near Hull, Yorkshire
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink, over graphite, with gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 9 1/4 inches (17.8 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "J.D. Harding 1827"; verso: inscribed by the artist in pen and brown ink, center right: "At Sculcoates near Hull Yorkshire | J.D. Harding-"; in pen with brown ink, lower right: "1827"; in graphite, lower right: "D25015"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J.D.Harding 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barrels (containers) | baskets | chimneys (architectural elements) | doorways | figures | fishermen (people) | houses | steps | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hull | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Charles Hullmandel and James Duffield Harding - A Study of the English Art of Drawing on Stone 1818-1850 (Smith College Museum of Art, 1982-04-15 - 1982-05-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.