Study of a Girl with Two Children at a Stile
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 9 7/8 inches (35.2 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "1 1/2 [mathematical symbol for division] | 2 1/4 | 2 1/12"
Not in Churchill, Shorter or Heawood (Fleur-de-Lis).
Signed in graphite, lower left: "G. Holmes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | children | girl | landscape | road | stile
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Holmes, active 1789–1802, Irish, Study of a Girl with Two Children at a Stile, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.