Sheet of Sketches
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Portrait of Caravaggio
- Graphite; verso: pen and brown ink and graphite on thin, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 14 3/8 inches (24.1 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "a La"
Similar to Heawood 1479 (Fleur-de-Lis).
Signed in graphite, lower left: "T. von Holst."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Costumes | figure study | literary theme | men | stage | theater | women
- Associated People:
- Caravaggio, Michelangelo Merisi da (1571-1610), Italian painter
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Theodor von Holst, 1810–1844, British, Sheet of Sketches, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.