- Sheet of Sketches
- Graphite; verso: pen and brown ink and graphite on thin, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 14 3/8 inches (24.1 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "a La"
Similar to Heawood 1479 (Fleur-de-Lis).
Signed in graphite, lower left: "T. von Holst."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Costumes | figure study | literary theme | men | stage | theater | women
- Associated People:
- Caravaggio, Michelangelo Merisi da (1571-1610), Italian painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Theodor von Holst, 1810–1844, British, Sheet of Sketches, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.