Gate Toward Bursit, Aix-la-Chappelle
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 18 1/2 inches (28.9 x 47 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Gate towards Bursit(?) Aix la Chappelle."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "C. M. Gore. 1785"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carriage | cityscape | gate | genre subject | gesture | Grand Tour | guns | horses (animals) | men | road | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Aix-la-Chapelle | Europe | Germany | Köln | Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, Gate Toward Bursit, Aix-la-Chappelle, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.