IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, Gate Toward Bursit, Aix-la-Chappelle, 1785
Gate Toward Bursit, Aix-la-Chappelle
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 18 1/2 inches (28.9 x 47 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Gate towards Bursit(?) Aix la Chappelle."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "C. M. Gore. 1785"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carriage | cityscape | gate | genre subject | gesture | Grand Tour | guns | horses (animals) | men | road | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Aix-la-Chapelle | Europe | Germany | Köln | Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.