IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Hastings, active 1804–1861, British, Gateway at Bamburgh Castle, 1810
Gateway at Bamburgh Castle
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 8 5/8 inches (18.7 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "Gateway at Bamburgh Castle"; in graphite, lower right: "D.3156"
Watermark: Horn w/ initials in script R?W (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill); collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed and dated on verso in graphite, center right: "E Hastings 1810"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | castle | gateway
- Associated Places:
- Bamburgh | Bamburgh Castle | England | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.