IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Hood, active 1762–1771, British, The Northumberland, 1763
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 28 × 42 3/8 inches (71.1 × 107.6 cm)
Lettered below image in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Northumberland"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "J Hood | 1763"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | sails | sea | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.