- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (two joined sheets): 28 × 42 3/8 inches (71.1 × 107.6 cm)
Lettered below image in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Northumberland"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "J Hood | 1763"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | sails | sea | ships
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.