- A Regency Pair: Man with Walking Stick
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 10 inches (29.2 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "138-29x"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "P 138-29x"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J Hook 1802"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cane | dress | fan | man | Regency | walking sticks | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Hook, ca. 1772–1828, British, A Regency Pair: Man with Walking Stick, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.