- Woman in Bed
- ca. 1920
- Black chalk and graphite on medium, smooth, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 9 inches (28.3 × 22.9 cm)
signed in graphite, within image, lower left: "Gosse"
Inscribed in graphite, within image, lower left: "M"; on back, lower right: "SYLVIA GOSSE: WOMAN IN BED | FAS IS049"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bedroom | blankets | candle | genre subject | interior | pillow | reclining | sleeping | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 26, no. 88, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 26, no. 88, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Laura Sylvia Gosse, 1881–1968, British, Woman in Bed, ca. 1920
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.