IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Laura Sylvia Gosse, 1881–1968, British, Woman in Bed, ca. 1920
Woman in Bed
- ca. 1920
- Black chalk and graphite on medium, smooth, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 9 inches (28.3 × 22.9 cm)
signed in graphite, within image, lower left: "Gosse"
Inscribed in graphite, within image, lower left: "M"; on back, lower right: "SYLVIA GOSSE: WOMAN IN BED | FAS IS049"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bedroom | blankets | candle | genre subject | interior | pillow | reclining | sleeping | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 26, no. 88, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 26, no. 88, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.