- Sketches for a Scene from 'Macbeth'
- ca. 1811
- Graphite and black chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/16 x 20 inches (41.5 x 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "From | Macbeth"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right; "[I Green Gray]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | figure study | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | men | play | plays by William Shakespeare | profile | sketches
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Siddons (née Kemble), Sarah (1755–1831), actress
Lady Macbeth (character in Macbeth)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Robert Haydon, 1786–1846, British, Sketches for a Scene from 'Macbeth', ca. 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.