IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Benjamin Robert Haydon, 1786–1846, British, Sketches for a Scene from 'Macbeth', ca. 1811
Sketches for a Scene from 'Macbeth'
- Additional Title(s):
Lady Macbeth (Mrs. Siddons?)
Verso: Two Left Legs and One Right Leg
- Part Of:
- ca. 1811
- Graphite and black chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/16 x 20 inches (41.5 x 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "From | Macbeth"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right; "[I Green Gray]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | figure study | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | men | play | plays by William Shakespeare | profile | sketches
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Siddons (née Kemble), Sarah (1755–1831), actress
Lady Macbeth (character in Macbeth)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Shakespeare and British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-04-23 - 1981-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.