- Portrait of a Gentleman (W. Winston?)
- ca. 1835
- Black chalk and white chalk and graphite on medium, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 20 15/16 × 16 3/8 inches (53.2 × 41.6 cm)
Signed, in graphite, lower left: "B R Hadon"
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 26, no. 92, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 26, no. 92, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Robert Haydon, 1786–1846, British, Portrait of a Gentleman (W. Winston?), ca. 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.