IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Haygarth, active 1810–1816, British, Crater of Vesuvius, 1816
Crater of Vesuvius
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketches of Vases
- Brown wash, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 21 1/8 inches (33.3 × 53.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Crater of Vesuvius"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- geology | science | volcano
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Europe | Italy | Napoli | Vesuvius
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Critique of Reason : Romantic Art, 1760–1860 (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-03-06 - 2015-07-26) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.