- Crater of Vesuvius
- Brown wash, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 21 1/8 inches (33.3 × 53.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Crater of Vesuvius"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- geology | science | volcano
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Europe | Italy | Napoli | Vesuvius
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Haygarth, active 1810–1816, British, Crater of Vesuvius, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.