Three Horses and Stable Lad
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 15 7/8 inches (27 × 40.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "James Howe of Edinburgh | 1780-1836"; in graphite, lower right: "435A"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J How [sic]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | horses (animals) | running
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Howe, 1780–1836, British, Three Horses and Stable Lad, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.