IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, The Edge of a Pool with Waterlilies, undated
The Edge of a Pool with Waterlilies
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 11 1/4 inches (22.9 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "John Middleton"; in graphite, lower left: [numbers]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | fences | landscape | pool | stones | trees | water lilies
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Oil on Water - Oil Sketches by British Watercolorists (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-08-26 - 1986-11-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Malcolm Cormack, Oil on water, oil sketches by British watercolorists , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1986, p. 44, fig. 42, ND467 C67 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.