Scene from a Play, possibly Benjamin Hoadley's "The Suspicious Husband"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of Figures for Good Samaritan
- Graphite, red chalk and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (13 × 17.1 cm)
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | play | theatre
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Hayman, 1707/8–1776, British, Scene from a Play, possibly Benjamin Hoadley's "The Suspicious Husband", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.