Portrait of a Lady, called Mademoiselle Sontag
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 10 × 8 inches (25.4 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, right: "Madmlle. Sontag D Wilkie"
T. E. Lowinsky collector's mark; watermarks: Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill (TW & [?]/ [?]OTI[?])
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower left: "D WIlikie 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | lady | portrait | reclining | seated | singer
- Associated People:
- Sontag, Henriette, later Countess Rossi (1806-1854), German operatic soprano
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Circle of John Hayter, 1800–1895, British, Portrait of a Lady, called Mademoiselle Sontag, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.