Sketch of Two Wagons
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Steps
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 7 1/2 inches (11.1 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left:" best waggon"; in pen and brown ink, center right: "farm waggon."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "(G. Hayward 1861)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | horse (animal) | wagons
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Hayward, born 1800–active 1834–72, American, Sketch of Two Wagons, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.