Design for a villa: `Fore Front' (south-east elevation), `Garden Front' (north-west elevation) and overlay plan.
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink, watercolor on slightly textured, medium, cream laid paper
- Sheet (with flier): 16 9/16 × 24 7/16 inches (42 × 62 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "The fore Front to the South: East"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "11"; in pen and brown ink, center: "The Garden Front to the North-West"; in pen and brown ink, right: "All the Work is supposed of Brick excepting | the Cornices, Columns & plinths"; inscribed on flier in pen and black ink, upper center, bar scale labeled; in pen and brown ink, throughout, elevation and plan labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Riou, 1720–1780, Design for a villa: `Fore Front' (south-east elevation), `Garden Front' (north-west elevation) and overlay plan, 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.