- Design for a villa: `Fore Front' (south-east elevation), `Garden Front' (north-west elevation) and overlay plan.
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink, watercolor on slightly textured, medium, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 9/16 × 24 7/16 inches (42 × 62 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "The fore Front to the South: East"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "11"; in pen and brown ink, center: "The Garden Front to the North-West"; in pen and brown ink, right: "All the Work is supposed of Brick excepting | the Cornices, Columns & plinths"; inscribed on flier in pen and black ink, upper center, bar scale labeled; in pen and brown ink, throughout, elevation and plan labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Riou, 1720–1780, Design for a villa: `Fore Front' (south-east elevation), `Garden Front' (north-west elevation) and overlay plan, 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.