Robbing a Market Girl
- Watercolor, white gouache, pen and ink and gum over graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 23 5/8 × 17 7/8 inches (60 × 45.4 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower right: "T. Heaphy 1807"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boys | children | genre subject | girl | hats | path | post | theft
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Penelope McElwee, The non-representation of the agricultural labourers in 18th and 19th century English paintings : an exploration into the artistic conventions followed by the aristocracy and landowning classes in representations of the agricultural labourers ..., Newcastle upon Tyne, 2016, pp. 102-03, fig. 8-2, NX650.L32 M34 2016 (YCBA)