Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, The Poor House, Hadley, Hertfordshire, 1802
The Poor House, Hadley, Hertfordshire
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 9 1/2 inches (17.8 x 24.1 cm)
Signed and dated in gray ink, lower left: "Hearne 1802"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barrel | bucket | chickens | chimneys | clouds | dog (animal) | field | grass | house | lamppost | man | path | poor house | resting | road | tools | trees | watching | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | Monken Hadley | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.