The Ruins of the College of Lincluden, near Dumfries
- ca. 1806
- Gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (16.5 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "Hearne-"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hearne"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | college | genre subject | grass | hill | man | pastoral | ruins | sculpture | shepherd | statues | stream | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Dumfries | Europe | Lincluden castle | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, The Ruins of the College of Lincluden, near Dumfries, ca. 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.