Thomas Grieve, 1799–1882, British, Design for Midsummer Night's Dream, undated
Design for Midsummer Night's Dream
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Studies of an Interior and a Landscape
- Watercolor, gouache, pen and brown, pen and black ink over graphite on two pieces of medium, cream, slightly textured wove paper and two pieces of medium, blued white, slightly textured wove paper joined together.
- Sheet: 22 x 6 1/2 inches (55.9 x 16.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, play by William Shakespeare | design | landscape | literary theme | plays by William Shakespeare
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.