IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Grieve, 1799–1882, British, Design for Midsummer Night's Dream, undated
Design for Midsummer Night's Dream
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Studies of an Interior and a Landscape
- Watercolor, gouache, pen and ink, and graphite, squared for transfer on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 × 6 1/2 inches (55.9 × 16.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, play by William Shakespeare | design | landscape | literary theme | plays by William Shakespeare
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.