- The Thames, Early Morning, Towards St. Paul's
- ca. 1849
- Watercolor and graphite, with scraping on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 14 1/4 inches (25.7 × 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Thames Eary Morn[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | cityscapes | docks | marine art | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Allen Staley, The Pre-Raphaelite Landscape, Clarendon Press, New Haven, 2001, pp. 149, 150, 151, pl. 118, ND1354.5 S82 2001 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John William Inchbold, 1830–1888, British, The Thames, Early Morning, Towards St. Paul's, ca. 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.