IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Carwitham, active 1723, British, Jupiter and Callisto: Ovid, Metamorphoses, Book 2, ca. 1723
Jupiter and Callisto: Ovid, Metamorphoses, Book 2
- Part Of:
- ca. 1723
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 4 5/16 x 3 3/4 inches (11 x 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Met. lib 2"; in graphite, on back, upper center: "by Carwitham | see loco hith[...]; on back, center: "JMI | 3 x 3 1/2 | 10 5/8 x 9 5/8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | literary theme | man | nude | Ovid's Metamorphoses | pose | religious and mythological subject | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Callisto, one of the followers of Artemis
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.