- Jupiter and Callisto: Ovid, Metamorphoses, Book 2
- ca. 1723
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 4 5/16 x 3 3/4 inches (11 x 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Met. lib 2"; in graphite, on back, upper center: "by Carwitham | see loco hith[...]; on back, center: "JMI | 3 x 3 1/2 | 10 5/8 x 9 5/8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | literary theme | man | nude | Ovid's Metamorphoses | pose | religious and mythological subject | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Callisto, one of the followers of Artemis
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Carwitham, active 1723, British, Jupiter and Callisto: Ovid, Metamorphoses, Book 2, ca. 1723
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.