View of Baron Hill, Anglesey, Wales
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 17 1/2in. (25.9 x 44.5cm) and Sheet: 11 1/2 × 18 3/4 inches (29.2 × 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Baron Hill. The seat of Lord Bulkely. Anglesa."; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 36"; lower center: "9/15"; lower right: "11734"
Watermark: Fleur-de-Lis (Heawood 1849)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "M. Griffith | delint. 1776"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | estate
- Associated Places:
- Anglesey | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Moses Griffith, 1747–1819, British, View of Baron Hill, Anglesey, Wales, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.