- The Tower of the Clergy, Oporto
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 6 3/4 inches (23.5 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left: "James Holland THe Tower of the Clergy, Oporto"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | figures | stalls | tower (building division) | umbrellas
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Oporto | Porto | Portugal
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Steve Bond, James Holland: the forgotten artist, Churnet Valley Books, Leek, Staffordshire, p. 83, NJ18.H719 B66 1999 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Holland, 1799–1870, British, The Tower of the Clergy, Oporto, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.