Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, Horses and Wagon Outside a Cottage, undated
Horses and Wagon Outside a Cottage
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 3/8 inches (22.5 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Samuel Howitt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cottage | genre subject | horse (animal) | wagon
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.