- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, black ink and graphite on thick, rough, beige, wove paper
- 19 3/4 × 13 3/16 inches (50.2 × 33.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower left: "42"; inscribed on verso in black chalk, lower right: "Thomas Hearne"; in graphite, lower center: "D3116/ Thomas Hearne 1744-1817 | LGD"; lower right: "S"; upper left: "10"; in pen and black ink, center left: "Leon Bakst."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | giant | landscape | Nature | nature study | oaks | science | trees | trunks | woods
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, Giant Oaks, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.