- A Lion Standing over a Wounded Leapard
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 1/8 inches (12.7 × 18.1 cm)
Signed, in pen and brown ink, lower left.: "Howitt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cave | kneeling | leopard | lion | man | wound
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, A Lion Standing over a Wounded Leapard, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.