IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, Lion Attacking a Stag, undated
Lion Attacking a Stag
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 1/8 inches (12.7 × 18.1 cm)
Signed, in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Howitt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | attack | cave | eating | lion | stag
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.