- Abyssinian Dog
- ca. 1813
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 7 5/8 inches (25.1 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left.: "make four toes on each foot; in graphite", lower center.: "C. Abyssinius".; in graphite, lower right.: "from life [?] Exeter [illeg]/ now preserved at Riddels/ 1813/ 24."
Watermark: J WHATMAN/1813
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, Abyssinian Dog, ca. 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.