- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 7 1/2 inches (24.4 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "N. A. Dogs Portrait of [...] T [...] | Tecumpse [...] Mapland"; in graphite, lower left: "292."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Howitt"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dogs (animals) | hut
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.