At the Curragh Races
- Additional Title(s):
One Page Landscape
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, light pink laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/16 x 24 3/16 inches (46.2 x 61.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "28 (encircled)"; in black ink, center, in sign: RINSREICH(?) TOTE WIN BETTING | TOTE DIVIDENDS | TOTE INVESTORS CREDIT SERVICE"; in black ink, center right: "at the Curragh Races"; in graphite, lower left: "One Page - landscape."; in blue ink, on back, upper right: "50"; in graphite, on back, upper right: "2 1/2 x 3 white | 3990 | 20 x 28"; on back, lower left: "1/3 | PAGE 42 | see bromide for placing; | drawing to bleed into spine fold | and off fore-edge."
Abbey Mill Greenfield watermark
Signed in graphite, center right: "Paul Hogarth"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | event | figures | genre subject | hats | horse racing | men | racecourse | walking
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Kildare | Leinster | Newbridge | The Curragh Racecourse
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Paul Arthur Hogarth, 1917–2001, British, At the Curragh Races, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.