- At the Curragh Races
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, light pink laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/16 x 24 3/16 inches (46.2 x 61.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "28 (encircled)"; in black ink, center, in sign: RINSREICH(?) TOTE WIN BETTING | TOTE DIVIDENDS | TOTE INVESTORS CREDIT SERVICE"; in black ink, center right: "at the Curragh Races"; in graphite, lower left: "One Page - landscape."; in blue ink, on back, upper right: "50"; in graphite, on back, upper right: "2 1/2 x 3 white | 3990 | 20 x 28"; on back, lower left: "1/3 | PAGE 42 | see bromide for placing; | drawing to bleed into spine fold | and off fore-edge."
Abbey Mill Greenfield watermark
Signed in graphite, center right: "Paul Hogarth"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | event | figures | genre subject | hats | horse racing | men | racecourse | walking
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Kildare | Leinster | Newbridge | The Curragh Racecourse
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Arthur Hogarth, 1917–2001, British, At the Curragh Races, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.