- Peep Show / 42 Street
- Graphite, pen and black ink on thin, cream, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 10 5/8 inches (35.6 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite upper left: "Sello the Seal | Boy"; in artist's hand in graphite upper right: "Jessi-Kay | Half Man Half Woman"; in artist's hand in pen and black ink center left: "Peep Show"; in artist's hand in graphite lower left: "2 features 5c each | Joe Louis vs. 2 Walcott Features 5c each"; in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "The Man Who Came Back from World War 2 " in artitst's hand in pen and black ink lower right: "Paul Hogarth | Peep Show/42 Street"; inscribed on back in graphite center right: "16 1/2 x 20 1/4"; on back in red chalk lower left: "B6p47 | 323 1/2% 43/8 high"
Signed in pen and black ink lower right: "Paul Hogarth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- advertising | caricature | genre subject | peep shows | World War 1939-1945
- Associated Places:
- Manhattan | New York | United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Arthur Hogarth, 1917–2001, British, Peep Show / 42 Street, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.