- Roman Pilgrims
- Watercolor, gouache, gum and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- Sheet: 21 7/8 × 30 1/8 inches (55.6 × 76.5 cm) and Frame: 28 3/4 × 36 3/4 × 1 3/4 inches (73 × 93.3 × 4.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "J.F. Lewis"
Signed and dated in pen and blue ink lower left: "J.F. Lewis 1854";
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | bread | carpets | chair | children | church | columns | fabrics | feather | food | frescoes | interior | light | Madonna: i.e. Mary with the Christ-child | men | orange | peacock (bird) | pilgrims | saints | stained glass | tapestries | the Virgin Mary | windows | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, Roman Pilgrims, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.