- Alicante, Spain
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 16 3/4 inches (20.3 × 42.5 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: ALICANTE SEP.27.1853/ HJJ; artist's monogram, lower right: [circle around H with J in center]
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "ALICANTE SEP 27.1853 | HJJ"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cityscape | coast | hut | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Alicante | Europe | Spain | Valencia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Harry John Johnson, 1826–1884, British, Alicante, Spain, 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.