Design for an Athenian Villa
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (29.2 × 44.5 cm)
Signed, in pen and brown ink, lower left: Edwd Jones./ 67 Great Russell Street/ Bedford Sqre/ London; Dated by the artist, in pen and brown ink, lower right: April 28th 1834; in pen and black ink, lower edge: PROSPECTIVE VIEW SHEWING THE PRINCIPAL AND GARDEN FRONTS.; in graphite, lower right, very faint: 4.
Watermarks: (not in Heawood, shorter of Churchill, J WHATMAN)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edward Jones...."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Country Houses in Great Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-10-10 - 1980-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Country houses in Great Britain., Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1979, pp. 11, 91, no. 91, N6764 Y34 1979 (YCBA) [YCBA]