Design for an Athenian Villa
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (29.2 × 44.5 cm)
Signed, in pen and brown ink, lower left: Edwd Jones./ 67 Great Russell Street/ Bedford Sqre/ London; Dated by the artist, in pen and brown ink, lower right: April 28th 1834; in pen and black ink, lower edge: PROSPECTIVE VIEW SHEWING THE PRINCIPAL AND GARDEN FRONTS.; in graphite, lower right, very faint: 4.
Watermarks: (not in Heawood, shorter of Churchill, J WHATMAN)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edward Jones...."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Country houses in Great Britain., Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1979, pp. 11, 91, no. 91, N6764 Y34 1979 (YCBA)