Design for an Athenian Villa, Transverse Section
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper bar scale of 1/8 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 17 5/8 inches (30.2 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "ATHENIAN VILLA | TRANSVERSE SECTION"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "SCALE" and scale bar numbered "0" to "25 FT"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "UL 17.4.72"; in graphite, upper left: "AD 103"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edward Jones Arch.t | 67 Great Russell Street | Bedford Squ.re | London" and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "April 28th 1834"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | exterior view | villa
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Jones, active 1819–1835, Design for an Athenian Villa, Transverse Section, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.