Design for an Athenian Villa, Transverse Section
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper bar scale of 1/8 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 17 5/8 inches (30.2 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "ATHENIAN VILLA | TRANSVERSE SECTION"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "SCALE" and scale bar numbered "0" to "25 FT"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "UL 17.4.72"; in graphite, upper left: "AD 103"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edward Jones Arch.t | 67 Great Russell Street | Bedford Squ.re | London" and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "April 28th 1834"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | exterior view | villa
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Jones, active 1819–1835, Design for an Athenian Villa, Transverse Section, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.