- Design for an Athenian Villa
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 × 18 1/4 inches (29.7 × 46.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "67 Great Russell Street | Bedford Sq.re London"; in graphite, lower right: "5"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 105"; in graphite, upper left: "UL 17.4.72"
Watermarks: J. WHATMAN/ TURKEY MILL (similar to Heawood 3436)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Edward Jones"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | villa
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Jones, active 1819–1835, Design for an Athenian Villa, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.